Mirage Sea Kayaks
Mirage 583 FreeRide Sea Kayak; - set your own line, create your own adventure.
The Mirage Sea Kayaks 583 series of open deck sea kayaks combine agility and speed, producing a whole new class of paddling: Freeride Sea Kayaking. The Freeride is ideal for the surf, harbours and estuaries, as well as offshore. The kayak's laid-back sculpted seat allows paddlers the freedom to tilt their torso back when catching waves.
With a long waterline and effective tracking, 583's are fast. They can also manage swell and broken waves easily. The drawn-out rocker allows 583's to pivot and manoeuvre effortlessly, making them high-performance surf craft as well.
Plenty of storage space makes daytrips or overnight stays easy, thanks to the tightly sealed, rear 90-litre oval hatch.
• Freeride sea kayaking for long trips across larger sheltered waterways, inshore surf zones and even coastal or open ocean environments
• Small to large sized paddlers, to accommodate beginners and advanced paddlers alike.
Mirage 583 FreeRide Features:
• 100% carbon fibre, three point locking foot brace that allows for a solid connection for steering and leg drive
• Unique Mirage integrated rudder system, which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Adjustable rails to enable a smooth ride for short and tall paddlers
• Proven sea kayaking hull design that is smooth in rough water, edges sharply, and tracks beautifully on swells, waves, and wake
• Self-draining, carbon fibre venturi, with a sealing plug for a dry ride
• Contoured and ergonomic seating that promotes a balanced paddling posture
• Large rear 90 litre oval hatch with kayak sport cover, for a tight fit in the roughest of conditions
• Centrally located and balanced, recessed handle for ease of carrying and re-entry after a wipeout
Weight: (all weights are based on an average weight)
Fibreglass = 24kg
Kevlar = 21kg
Kevlar IRT = 18kg
Carbon/Innegra (no clear) = 17.5kg
Carbon/Innegra (w/clear) = 17.5kg
Rear Hatch: 90L
Day hatch: optional