Mirage Sea Kayaks
Mirage 583 Adventure Sea Kayak; set your own line, create your own adventure.
The new mirage 583 Adventure is a versatile, evolved sea kayak that offers a wonderful sense of freedom- it is for adventure, surfing and speed; this mix of waterways is what we now call Freeride Sea Kayaking.
The 583 offers the stability to kayak in many varied conditions; areas you may never have paddled in before, however you will now feel confident. The 583 is fast with a long water line and perfect tracking. It is also a wonderful surfing craft that manages swell and broken waves very nicely, and the drawn-out rocker allows it to pivot and manouvre well on waves. This freeride sea kayak offers similar dynamics as a regular 582 sea kayak; you can paddle it and edge in a very technical manner.
Offering the same open-deck freedom of all models in the 583 series, the Adventure has an extra 80 litres of storage in the front hatch- perfect for expeditions.
- Freeride sea kayaking for maximum fun across larger sheltered waterways, inshore surf zones to coastal and open ocean environments
- Small to large sized paddler, from beginner through to advanced paddling skills
Mirage 583 features:
- 100% carbon fibre three point locking footbrace, which allows for a solid connection, for steering and leg drive
- Unique Mirage integrated rudder system which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
- Adjustable rails to enable a smooth ride for short and tall paddlers
- Proven sea kayaking hull design that is smooth in rough water, edges sharply and tracks beautifully on swells, waves and wake
- Self draining, carbon fibre venturi, with a sealing plug for a dry ride
- Contoured, supportive, ergonomic seating well, that promotes a balanced paddling posture
- Large forward 80 litre round hatch with kajak sport cover, for a tight fit in the roughest of conditions
- Large rear 90 litre oval hatch with kajak sport cover, for a tight fit in the roughest of conditions
- Centrally located and balanced, recessed handle for ease of carrying and re-entry after a wipeout
- Full perimeter 6mm reflective deck line and shock cord for safety and on-deck gear storage
Weight: (all weights are based on an average weight)
Fibreglass = 25kg
Kevlar = 21kg
Kevlar IRT = 19kg
Carbon/Innegra (no clear) = 18.5kg
Carbon/Innegra (w/clear) = 18.5kg
Rear hatch: 90L
Front hatch: 80L