Mirage Sea Kayaks
Mirage 533 series of open deck sea kayaks; set your own line, create your own adventure.
The Mirage Sea Kayaks 533 open deck sea kayak combines superior agility and maneuverability; producing a whole new class of paddling: Freeride Sea Kayaking. The Freeride is ideal for the surf, harbours and estuaries, as well as offshore. The kayak's laid-back sculpted seat allows paddlers the freedom to tilt their torso back when catching waves.
With a 5.3m waterline and effective tracking, 533's are fast yet totally maneuverable. They can also manage swell and broken waves easily. The drawn out rocker allows 533's to pivot and manoeuvre effortlessly, making them high-performance surf craft as well.
- Freeride sea kayaking for long trips across larger sheltered waterways, inshore surf zones and even coastal or open ocean environments
- Small to medium sized paddlers, from beginner through to advanced paddling skills
Mirage 533 features:
- Mirage LD plate allows for a solid connection for steering and leg drive
- Unique Mirage integrated rudder system, which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
- Adjustable rails to enable a smooth ride for short and tall paddlers
- Proven sea kayaking hull design that is smooth in rough water, edges sharply, and tracks beautifully on swells, waves, and wake
- Self-draining, composite venturi, with a sealing plug for a dry ride
- Contoured and ergonomic seating that promotes a balanced paddling posture
- Large rear 70 litre oval hatch with kayak sport cover, for a tight fit in the roughest of conditions
- Centrally located and balanced, recessed handle for ease of carrying and re-entry after a wipeout
- Dual rear 'surf' grab handles, to make it easier for surf zone re-entry
Weight: (all weights are based on an average weight)
Fibreglass = 25=1kg
Kevlar = 19kg
Kevlar IRT = 16.5kg
Carbon/Innegra (no clear)
Rear hatch: 70L
Day hatch: Optional